870 youth build

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Fl strutter

870 youth build

Post by Fl strutter »

I got my 20 870 youth all finished other that camo dip. Had sumtoy d&t. Added his mount and votex venom. I have a protector like hoobily sells coming for it also. Installed timey trigger kit with the medium spring I figure it's around 3 to 3.5 pounds nice and crisp with no creep. Added shurshot stock. Got Indian creek 555, 562, and 570 to try. Loaded up some 90 93s 1 5/8 9s. Haven't got a chance to pattern yet but am itching to bad. Heres some pics so far.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9HD0b2zP9NDFVBK72
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: 870 youth build

Post by Hoobilly »

Your gonna love that lil turkey killing machine!

Looks good
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Fl strutter

Post by Fl strutter »

Already do. Gobbler 74 from other sight is sending me the wider protector so I can fit the rubber cover on venom with it. Gonna send it to Don at camo solutions in June to get dipped in obsession. I'm kinda torn between the original obsession pattern and the new nwtf obsession pattern. I think the original looks better but haven't seen a gun in new pattern yet. Don has both of them and his work on fb looks better than any I've seen
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

Sweet looking gun let us know how it does.

How do like the Vortex? Been thinking about buying one.
Fl strutter

Post by Fl strutter »

I like it a lot. Only problem I have a astigmatism in both my eyes and it causes the dit to starburst some and it's weird shaped. When I put on polarized sun glasses the dot is perfect and no starburst. Guess I'll have to live with it. It's not horrible tho. Haven't sighted it in yet hope to soon.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Not sure if the "New" Obsession pattern is available to the hydro dippers yet, I couldn't find anybody that could do it.
Fl strutter

Post by Fl strutter »

Don at camp solutions has it. I think I like the original better tho. Look at his fb page and go thru old post there's a muzzloader I believe he did in the new nwtf obsession but to me the guns he done in original looks better.

Return to “Small Bore”