Safety?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Prospector

Safety?

Post by Prospector »

I have a single Shot Winchester.410 that belonged to my Grandad. It is at least 30+ years old- maybe much more than that. The gun is solid and tight and I have shot it with modern loads. Has a factory full choke ( not removable). Is it in yalls opinion safe to try tss? Depending on yalls opinion as to whether I pursue this any farther . Thank you for your replies in advance.
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Safety?

Post by howl »

Most of the old .410s are built on the same frame as larger gauge guns. There is an awful lot more steel around the chamber than necessary. I've seen videos of people firing whatever they could fit in them. It is hard to blow one up.

How do you feel about scratches in the bore if a pellet gets loose? I don't have scratches in either .410 I have tried, but there are lines in the turkey choke.

Return to “Small Bore”