<5# neutral cast O/U?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

<5# neutral cast O/U?

Post by howl »

How about an O/U weighing under five pounds with a straight stock? Supposedly the KOFS made baby frames are that light. They're cast and twisted for RH use.
toasty

Re: <5# neutral cast O/U?

Post by toasty »

Kofs makes the Savage Stevens 555 and ATI Cavalry and the 28ga is under 5 lbs. I have a stock for this gun from both ATI and savage, I will check the cast tonight. The other Turkish O/U that is really light that you may look up is the Legacy Pointer. Seen it and held it, but haven't weighed it.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Thanks.
toasty

Post by toasty »

Both stocks have cast off for a right handed shooter. If there is a twist though, I couldn't see it or measure it. I did not take off the pad to see if the cast could be changed for left hand shooter. I don't remember there being anything in there last time I changed stock, but I may not have noticed.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Thanks.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

I have a ATI Cavalry .410 O/U that weighs 4.25 lbs. I like the Savage Stevens 555 .410 better because it has longer chokes, and all the metal is matte finished. I have a 20ga Savage Stevens 555 at 5.5 lbs, and it is one of my favorite turkey hunting guns!!!
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Longer chokes sound good. The ATI I looked at, don't remember which now, had toe out. The Stevens I think was just mildly cast off.

I wonder if twist would throw the bottom off if shooting from the off shoulder or a bound up position. I can miss a clay if I don't hold an auto vertically. A small pattern out of an O/U seems like it could be an issue. I'm probably overthinking this, but fooling and fussing with the buildup is part of the entertainment of the hobby.

Return to “Small Bore”