Citori 20 Guage Choke Help

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
jpwalker

Citori 20 Guage Choke Help

Post by jpwalker »

I am in the process of setting up a Browning Citori 20 gauge to shoot TSS out of this spring. My original plan was to put two Indian Creek tubes in the gun, one .555 and another more open for close range. At the NWTF show the Indian Creek guys said that I would not be able to get two in the gun due to the OD of the extended portion of the tubes. Does anyone here have any experience/guidance on choosing chokes for the Citori?

I could use a stock choke on the bottom barrel but I am cautious to do so considering it won't be extended like the Indian Creek tube. Is this something to even worry about?

Thanks in advance for any insight to your experiences.
BrowningGuy88

Re: Citori 20 Guage Choke Help

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Shooting TSS, I would probably just run Trulock or Carlson sporting clay chokes. They are made so that they work well in O/U's.

You don't have to choke TSS too tightly, but you can get the 555, 560, 565 range from either of those companies.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

You would be okay running a IC tube in the top and a factory flush in the bottom, I think that's what most people do that shoot O/U's.
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

This may help. I have a 20 g Citori and I run one Carlsons in top barrel and factory full in bottom. If you want a matching set so it will look better you will have to get Briley to make you a set, or Sumtoy can probably make a set that will both fit at same time. I also run a citori 12 g . The Carlson in the 20 ga barely sticks out past the barrel so it does not interfere with anything. Hope the pic comes through. I just added an Uncle Mikes sling swivel kit to this gun a few days ago.
Attachments
IMG_1243.JPG
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Gar Commander wrote: February 21st, 2018, 1:52 pm This may help. I have a 20 g Citori and I run one Carlsons in top barrel and factory full in bottom. If you want a matching set so it will look better you will have to get Briley to make you a set, or Sumtoy can probably make a set that will both fit at same time. I also run a citori 12 g . The Carlson in the 20 ga barely sticks out past the barrel so it does not interfere with anything. Hope the pic comes through. I just added an Uncle Mikes sling swivel kit to this gun a few days ago.
Beautiful gun!!!
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

Thanks, BG88. It is truly a great gun and my favorite of all the many guns I have ever owned. I bought it 25 years ago when I couldnt afford it and have never regretted it. I would like to have it dipped, but just cant do it. Every spring I put camo tape on her and pull it back off on the last hunt of the year!
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Looking for one. I'm wanting a citori superlight or upland special.
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

jpwalker: I just looked at my chokes and the gap between them. A factory choke measures .690 outside diameter and the extended Carlsons .575 measures .716 outside diameter. I think two of them will fit without touching afterall. May have to get me another Carlsons extended to match, they aren't but $25.00
Attachments
carlsons.JPG
TrumpetMan

Post by TrumpetMan »

I shoot a 20 gauge Citori. Top Barrel is a Trulock HW7 Extended Choke. Bottom Barrel is a Trulock Extended Modified Choke. The Modified Extended threw a much more even pattern out of the Citori.

I did try the Indian Creek Extended Choke with no problems. Had to use a flush mounted choke for the bottom barrel.

The Trulock HW7 Choke gives excellent patterns way out there past where I am comfortable shooting turkeys. Most Gobblers get shot with the Modified.

"I'd really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" - Tom Kelly :struttin:
jpwalker

Post by jpwalker »

Thanks for all the replies. They are much appreciated.
fn16ga

Post by fn16ga »

TrumpetMan , what mount did you use for the red dot ?
TrumpetMan

Post by TrumpetMan »

The mount is a modified Remington AimTech Rib Mount. A little file work and it fit perfectly. Rock solid.
"I'd really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" - Tom Kelly :struttin:
870 Shooter

Post by 870 Shooter »

I run a IC555 in the top and a modified in the bottom of mine. The IC is so bulky on outside you can't hardly get another extended choke in there.

Return to “Small Bore”