Inexpensive o/u

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
dsunday

Inexpensive o/u

Post by dsunday »

Any reviews out there for over/unders in 20 or 28 ga under $800. Maybe a Stevens 555? Can't afford a citori, but do you get what you pay for?
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
Meleagris

Re: Inexpensive o/u

Post by Meleagris »

Bought a 28 ga Yildiz from Academy couple months ago. For around $450 it has been pretty nice. I've got several Citoris and that it's not, but it is a lot of fun to shoot. It's pretty light so I added some weight in the stock and it's balanced a little better.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Another vote for the Yildiz, I bought a Yildiz 410 O/U about a month ago and for the money you can't beat em". The wood to metal fit is excellent and has some nice wood that you would normally see on higher end guns, it's light and points very well (for me anyway). The Stevens is also a nice gun for the money but I think you will find it's a little heavier than the Yildiz.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

We've hashed out the details and differences in earlier threads. All things considered the Yildiz is the best buy for a dedicated turkey gun. I'd do the youth 20ga.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

The ATI Calvary O/U is a great little gun for the money, and is cheaper, and the weight is less than the Yildiz, or Savage 555. I have all three, and the thing I like best about the Savage 555 is all the metal is flat black!!! You can't go wrong with any one of them!!! Steve :thumbup:
youngun15

Post by youngun15 »

love my 20 and 410 555. I will be getting a 28 soon
pccutter

Post by pccutter »

I went with the ATI Turkey/Fowl and like it a lot. A few things making me go with it where, it is lighter, it has 21in. barrels(so it's short), and it comes drilled & tap from the factory.
forkedlighting

Post by forkedlighting »

pccutter wrote:I went with the ATI Turkey/Fowl and like it a lot. A few things making me go with it where, it is lighter, it has 21in. barrels(so it's short), and it comes drilled & tap from the factory.
I won a Steven,s 555 20 ga A couple months a go at a QuailForever banquet shot doves with it this pass weekend sweet shooting gun good workmanship for the price an comes with 5 chokes

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Iff'n yer still look'n there is a Yildiz 28 ga. O/U on Gunbroker that looks purdy nice, the starting bid is 350.00 and the auction link is http://www.gunbroker.com/item/691864898

Return to “Small Bore”