T10s?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: T10s?

Post by howl »

I thought T10s were 420/oz?
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

howl wrote:I thought T10s were 420/oz?
The info Hal sent me says 9.5"s/415-oz. 10's/500-oz.
SpurHntr

Post by SpurHntr »

hawglips wrote:
poorcountrypreacher wrote:
hawglips wrote: I've been using tss for 9 seasons now. I really hesitated to use 8s that first year; just couldn't believe shot that small could be effective...
Fond memories! You were one of the first wave from the old NWTF site and GON to give it a go. I think you and Wes are about the only two left around here from back then - back in the days after I had tried to talk Kyle into offering some smaller sized shot and coming up with turkey loads. He had no interest, since he was getting out of the business, and so I decided to do it myself. If my wife knew how much money I have blown (and continue to blow) developing the loads - I might be single. But it's been a labor of love for me - in spite of all the resistance. All those "experts" over on Shotgunworld had lots of interesting things to say about me. And the old fellow over on that site that remains unmentioned... he still holds it all against me. And it really hit the fan when word of those long shots with 9s my brother messed up on got out. But it's all good. Those were the days! All the new guys take the shot size and payloads we're loading for granted, but have no idea what went into figuring it out from scratch. And then all the new guys selling the shot started coming out of the woodwork - including one or two who still don't believe what the small shot will do...

I've been shooting the 9-1/2s - in the 28 ga and .410 especially - for several years now. But I believe the 10s will turn out to be the go-to size for the .410 at least - for ballistics match-up reasons.

not the only leftovers from the nwtf board here, and early users of TSS8 shot....which i bought from kyle and bullethead and i had some fun with! Anyone who argues with 18 g/cc "smaller" shot is simply ignorant
Humpty was pushed!

Return to “Small Bore”