Need some help deciding on another 28

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Swampchickin234

Need some help deciding on another 28

Post by Swampchickin234 »

Looking to get me another little dove/duck/ turkey gun in a 28. I have a couple, and am looking at the following.
CZ 628 pump
Tri Star viper g2 bronze
Moss-bergs new sa28
Weatherby sa08

I want a 1 barrel.

What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Need some help deciding on another 28

Post by 2Shooter »

I would go with the Weatherby SA-08, or the TriStar. I like the Mossberg, but it's to dang heavy for a 28ga. The TriStar weighs 5 lbs and the Mossberg weighs 6.5 lbs. I like buying American, but why can't they make a lighter gun!!!
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump »

Tristar and weatherby are basically same gun external and internally and their is another basically just like them and can't think of it off top my head. That said I like looks that tri star that was gonna be my choice till I found AL48 and had to be a follower haha
Swampchickin234

Y'all are supposed to just tell me that I don't need another one. Not encourage me haha. I wish I could find about any of them I mentioned in stock at a dealer. On the way up to MO last week, stopped at a little gun shop on the way and the guy had a CZ 628 on hand. It felt like a great little gun. Ive never had the opportunity to hold any of the others mentioned and would just have to have my dealer order me one. I'm heavily leaning towards the sa08. A al48 would be a nice snag, but not sure how long I would have to wait to get the one I would want. Nothing against the 2 barrels, Ive got em, shoot em, and love em, but I mm just a wanting another 1 barrel to add. It may very seriously get turned into a dedicated turkey gun

decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Give the Ithaca Model 37, 28 gauge a serious look. One of the best handling, fastest pumps I've ever shot. The gun is made in America, a little expensive, but you definitely get what pay for. Check some of Hal's post on this fine little shotgun.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

Well...the Franchi would, without a doubt, get my vote. But since you're looking elsewhere...what about an 870? They're available online for around $450. I guess you'd hafta get the barrel threaded, though. From your list....I'd go Weatherby.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

My Ithaca M37 28 ga. weighs in at 6 lbs. Nicely made gun. Gil
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

GLS wrote:My Ithaca M37 28 ga. weighs in at 6 lbs. Nicely made gun. Gil
Dang Gil, and you haven't shot a turkey with that one yet!!!
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

My Ithaca 28 is the niceist gun I own. Also have a cz o/u that is pretty nice.
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump »

I'd tell ya bout my al48 28 but it's a month late from being here than what I was told. And still no word. Even sent payment with the gun so he ain't gotta track me down for payment like he seemingly had to others. If it comes back before season ends I'll try to let you know we pushing 2 months
Swampchickin234

Preciate the comments fellows. I'm not going to be in a big hurry in this one. After further thought, i may hold off and see what pops up by way of an al48, a CZ bob white, or may even choose to go Ithaca route. WW i see where they are making the express again in a 28. That may be a possibility also.

Return to “Small Bore”