Buying a new O/U for dedicated turkey rig 20 or 28?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Buying a new O/U for dedicated turkey rig 20 or 28?

Post by howl »

That's gonna be slick. I also called ATI about the regulation, POI issue. They don't have a limit, either. I got the line about how POI is determined by gun fit, etc. That's kinda odd since they sell models made specifically for turkey hunting, but that is what they say.
GLOCKMASTER

Post by GLOCKMASTER »

I have a CZ O/U Canvasback 20 ga that I really like. It has an Aimpoint Micro R1, no longer in production, that is mounted to the vent rib and after this season I plan on having the gun dipped. The bottom barrel holds an Indian Creek Choke .560 and the top barrel holds a Trulock IM .601. Right now I'm shooting Hevi Shot Triple Beard in the bottom barrel and Federal Flite Control #6 in the top barrel. When I was patterning the gun the top barrel with tighter chokes shot high and right so I kept trying different chokes until I found one that worked in conjunction with the bottom barrel. The pattern for the top barrel is great out to 30 yds and the bottom barrel is awesome after that. This year I'm shooting factory loads due to a house move that got me behind on getting my mess together for ordering and loading more TSS.

I have a CZ Bobwhite 20 ga in the back of the safe that will be my next turkey gun project.

BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

GLOCKMASTER wrote:I have a CZ O/U Canvasback 20 ga that I really like. It has an Aimpoint Micro R1, no longer in production, that is mounted to the vent rib and after this season I plan on having the gun dipped. The bottom barrel holds an Indian Creek Choke .560 and the top barrel holds a Trulock IM .601. Right now I'm shooting Hevi Shot Triple Beard in the bottom barrel and Federal Flite Control #6 in the top barrel. When I was patterning the gun the top barrel with tighter chokes shot high and right so I kept trying different chokes until I found one that worked in conjunction with the bottom barrel. The pattern for the top barrel is great out to 30 yds and the bottom barrel is awesome after that. This year I'm shooting factory loads due to a house move that got me behind on getting my mess together for ordering and loading more TSS.

I have a CZ Bobwhite 20 ga in the back of the safe that will be my next turkey gun project.

That's a nice rig!
GLOCKMASTER

Post by GLOCKMASTER »

BrowningGuy88 wrote:That's a nice rig!
Thanks it's been a work in progress for two years. The only thing left to do is camo dip and switching back to TSS
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Well I may have screwed up! I picked up and fondled a Browning Citori Micro Midas 20 gauge. Oh my Lord! Sweet!
TrumpetMan

Post by TrumpetMan »

I purchased a used 20 gauge Browning Citori that had some miles on it for 400.00. Loaded up some TSS and set it up with a Trijicon RMR rib mounted sight. I taped the barrels and receiver. The finish on this old gun is perfect with little shine.

Bottom Barrel is an extended modified Trulock Choke, Top barrel is a Trulock turkey choke for shooting HW7's (I shoot the TSS through this with very good results)

It's light to carry, shoots very well to point of aim on both barrels. Most of my turkeys have come with the modified barrel.

It's nice to have the ability to choose a close or far barrel setup when circumstances dictate.
"I'd really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" - Tom Kelly :struttin:

Return to “Small Bore”