Is anyone making yildiz 28 gauge choke tubes

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Swampchickin234

Post by Swampchickin234 »

As the title says, do any of y'all know if anyone is making 28 gauge y chokes without having to get one custom made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OneShot

Re: Is anyone making yildiz 28 gauge choke tubes

Post by OneShot »

w/o custom made/custom order... pretty sure the only one out there is Comp-n-choke, competition line, stainless finish only $65 and tightest constriction offered is
Imp. Mod. .25
If Yildiz has standard .550 bores that'll get you to .525

Not sure what some of the guys on here are running constriction wise in their 28's for Turkey Hunting application, but if its slightly tighter than .525 you would still be good to go w/ the comp-n-choke and coat of paint of that polished steel. They run TIGHT! I bought two Negatives (-.005 constriction) comp-n-chokes for my 28 ga. briley tube set .547 bores. Cylinder is standard .550 so these were .555's in all reality making it a negative .009 constriction with my bores. I was powdering targets on the skeet field with them. I was thinking they just had a hot core and plenty in the fringe. WRONG! Put em on paper and they were all core! at 21yds they were throwing a solid 12-14", for comparison the .551 (negative .004) Briley's I shoot now throw a solid 24" pattern at that distance. So what should have given me 26"-30" gave me half of that. They were soon traded for briley flush as I no longer had any use for them. If they run that much tighter in all constrictions offered... there's a possibility that Imp. mod. could even get you too tight! and there's also the possibility that they slack off the tighter they get and that Imp. Mod. want get you as tight as you want. who knows?

http://www.comp-n-choke.com/product/CYildiz28g.html
Swampchickin234

Post by Swampchickin234 »

One shot I appreciate it. I want an unported tube really though. I actually found these comp n chokes right after I posted. I spent a waterfowl season shooting a hand load of number 4 steel with this little gun and was impressed to say the least. Wanting to improve some patterns with steel and also would like to tighten on up to apply this to turkeys and tss. Gaining tubes for my little browning 28 is no issue, but I love the weight of this little Turkish gun, and am wanting to broaden it horizen. I guess I need to just have a couple made

OneShot

Post by OneShot »

i'll +1 you on the no ports! Had to scrape the plastic, powder, and reclaim shot graphite gunk mix off em w/ a knife every hundred rounds or so then dermal with a stainless brush to clean em back up... never again.
Buckjackson75

Post by Buckjackson75 »

Any updates on aftermarket chokes?
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

Any updates on aftermarket chokes for Yildiz 28 gauge?
Comp-N-choke has a few but not much.
Has anyone bought a different choke other than CNC?
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

Check with Sumtoy

bigwhale

Post by bigwhale »

been waiting 21/2 years for Bill from Sumtoy to send me 2 sets of 28ga Turkey chokes for my Yaldiz
wchadw

Post by wchadw »

bigwhale wrote:been waiting 21/2 years for Bill from Sumtoy to send me 2 sets of 28ga Turkey chokes for my Yaldiz
Let me know if he does. I may get some for mine

cutt down

Post by cutt down »

Swampchickin234 wrote: February 1st, 2017, 7:02 pm One shot I appreciate it. I want an unported tube really though. I actually found these comp n chokes right after I posted. I spent a waterfowl season shooting a hand load of number 4 steel with this little gun and was impressed to say the least. Wanting to improve some patterns with steel and also would like to tighten on up to apply this to turkeys and tss. Gaining tubes for my little browning 28 is no issue, but I love the weight of this little Turkish gun, and am wanting to broaden it horizen. I guess I need to just have a couple made

If you're handloading then check out spherotungsten original 15 in #7shot. That's what I shot this past waterfowl season & it's devastating on ducks. Geese too! It will flat smoke em! We bought the shot on sale at $22/lb but it's $34/lb now. We had it down to $1.35/shell but with it higher now I haven't calculated the price per shell but it's well worth it. It will work on a turkey load too as it's the old Federal Heavyweight #7 shot we all shot before TSS 18. We loaded it 4/5 oz in the 28ga for ducks.

Return to “Small Bore”