Tri Star Shotguns

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
870 Shooter

Tri Star Shotguns

Post by 870 Shooter »

Does anybody have any experience with these? I know they have a chrome lined barrel and use beretta style chokes. What yall know about em?
Tail Feathers

Re: Tri Star Shotguns

Post by Tail Feathers »

I handled one and it looks identical to a Weatherby. Probably from the same factory I would guess.
It felt good when I shouldered it but I wasn't looking for a 12 gauge.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Had one of the camo O/U, great shooting gun, killed several turkeys with it.

Then it decided to double fire with two 3" turkey loads in it.... it brought the pain. :violent1:

Company "fixed" the problem but I sold it as I couldn't trust the gun anymore.
aristico

Post by aristico »

What houdini said is probably the third person ive heard of that happening to....
bigdoc

Post by bigdoc »

I have a 20 ga. auto that i like very much, poi is right on. 28" barrell, and camo,
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

aristico wrote:What houdini said is probably the third person ive heard of that happening to....
I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy.... shoulder wasn't right for 2 weeks, my nose bled for an hour and my ears rang for 6 hours.

When I talked to the folks at tristar they seemed real surprised that it happened, apparently they're just good liars.... :angry5:

I guess can't be completely mad.... killed the turkey (23 lbs, 12 1/2" beard, 1 3/8 spur but broke the other 3/4). :mrgreen:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Houdini wrote:Had one of the camo O/U, great shooting gun, killed several turkeys with it.

Then it decided to double fire with two 3" turkey loads in it.... it brought the pain. :violent1:

Company "fixed" the problem but I sold it as I couldn't trust the gun anymore.
Just think of the pattern :mrgreen:
870 Shooter

Post by 870 Shooter »

Well...I went out and bought a tri star raptor...Now, after taking the extemely ridiculous, piece of monkey crap, what the hell were they thinkin when they put that trash on there, sights off and mounting a red dot on there it looks better. I'm waiting to shoot...And waiting impatiently...since when does it freakin snow in central arkansas in March!!! I'm usually listening to turkeys gobble already while impatiently waiting for mid April. But now...waiting on warmer weather to pattern my new gun with winchester longbeards. I have a few chokes and longbeards in 4s, 5s, and 6s.
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

870 Shooter wrote:Well...I went out and bought a tri star raptor...Now, after taking the extemely ridiculous, piece of monkey crap, what the hell were they thinkin when they put that trash on there, sights off and mounting a red dot on there it looks better. I'm waiting to shoot...And waiting impatiently...since when does it freakin snow in central arkansas in March!!! I'm usually listening to turkeys gobble already while impatiently waiting for mid April. But now...waiting on warmer weather to pattern my new gun with winchester longbeards. I have a few chokes and longbeards in 4s, 5s, and 6s.
Tis' ridiculous...ain't it... :evil:

I'm waiting on the stock for my 10 gauge and then I'll be ready to burn up some powder.... :toothy7:

Return to “Big Bore”