Wolf Spring

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Wolf Spring

Post by vaturkey »

I installed a wolf spring in my Benelli M2 20 Ga & could really see a difference in the way the bolt slams shut. It was a nice upgrade for 14.99. BUT ! If you decide to take it dove huntin make sure you put the stock spring back in. Several times yesterday I had to cycle 2nd shell in chamber. I put the stock spring back in this morning to handle the 2 3/4" low power shells. BOOM BOOM BOOM now ! :thumbup:
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Wolf Spring

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I've been considering one for mine, never had an issue, but it's always in the back of my mind. Thanks for the info. What shells were you shooting on your dove hunt? I just wonder the minimum it takes to consistently cycle, even lower power, shells.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

Don't know the minimum, but mine would not eject the dove/trap stuff. The Kent 7/8 oz 1560 fps waterfowl loads worked like a charm.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I need to get one for Sals M1 super 90, it is Slooooooooooooooow... Tried finding one for a beretta 391 but they do not make it..

I have a Sure Cycle kit in my X2 and cannot say enough, thing slams harder than a bear trap.. Only problem I have had is I have busted 3 op rod handles since installing.. The factory Op Rods can not handle how hard the action closes.. So now I use a nail :lol: Need to order a Nordic or Briley I guess.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

That sounds about right.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

el diablo wrote:Don't know the minimum, but mine would not eject the dove/trap stuff. The Kent 7/8 oz 1560 fps waterfowl loads worked like a charm.
:thumbright: I run more Kent steel thru mine than anything else.
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

that spring turned mine into a single shot dove gun today. lucky I am a decent shot and got a limit with a box of shells, but no doubles or triples. thinking about getting rid of my 2yo m2 20 26"BBL black, any offers?
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

pedro wrote:that spring turned mine into a single shot dove gun today. lucky I am a decent shot and got a limit with a box of shells, but no doubles or triples. thinking about getting rid of my 2yo m2 20 26"BBL black, any offers?
I did that with my M2 20 Pedro after a day of it being a single shot. Sold in 2 days on duckhuntingchat, wished I would have kept it though.
savduck

Post by savduck »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:I need to get one for Sals M1 super 90, it is Slooooooooooooooow... Tried finding one for a beretta 391 but they do not make it..

I have a Sure Cycle kit in my X2 and cannot say enough, thing slams harder than a bear trap.. Only problem I have had is I have busted 3 op rod handles since installing.. The factory Op Rods can not handle how hard the action closes.. So now I use a nail :lol: Need to order a Nordic or Briley I guess.

What about the Sure cycle for the beretta?
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

pedro wrote:that spring turned mine into a single shot dove gun today. lucky I am a decent shot and got a limit with a box of shells, but no doubles or triples. thinking about getting rid of my 2yo m2 20 26"BBL black, any offers?
Dang! You weren't playing around. I saw it over on the DHC classifieds. Looks like it took a whole 45 minutes to get some interest. Looks like you'll probably sell quick.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

savduck wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote:I need to get one for Sals M1 super 90, it is Slooooooooooooooow... Tried finding one for a beretta 391 but they do not make it..

What about the Sure cycle for the beretta?
Its not my gun a buddies 391 which is usually a super reliable gun.. He is having some hangups even while clean.. Most the guys I hunt with turn to me for advice on this type of stuff because I am on these forums so much.. I thought the Wolff would be a good alternative to sure cycle for way less coin just to try and see if the problem.. I ended up finding another aftermarket recoil spring manufacture for the Beretta 391 and its Stainless.. So he is gonna order that.. After that, have no clue not familiar with the workings of a 391..
01Foreman400

Wolf Spring

Post by 01Foreman400 »

What's wrong with the factory spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Good question but I think the other spring makes it cycle 100 millionths of a second faster, these guys are so fast they have to wait for the gun to cycle to pull the trigger again, then when the action is all hammered to hell and back the light may come on.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

[quote="01Foreman400"]What's wrong with the factory spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Nothing really. They are a little soft, and come out of battery very easily, and then will not fire, but will shuck a new shell from the magazine when you pull the trigger.
Snagging the bolt handle on brush, clothing usually is the culprit. It has happened to me once or twice, but it's my own fault for being careless.

Return to “Big Bore”