Nitro Ammo

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Nitro Ammo

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, I've been shooting the Winchester Long Beards XR for a couple years now. Had an itch to go back to Nitro since I shot them years ago way before TSS. I haven't shot any TSS thru my 870 12 or 20 gauge. I'm sorry, but it's a little too expensive for a state employee. Anyway, a local guy here use to be a dealer for Nitros. I hit him up today and he had one box left of exactly what I use to shoot. I think it is H51013??? Anyway, it's heavyshot 4x5x7 3.5"! I purposefully bought a lead sled years ago due to these shells. Well, I went to the bench with the sled just a little bit ago and I think I got like 7,000 hits in a 6" circle at 300 yards with them so I should be good! Don't worry about my gun on the sled kicking me back into the next county, it will be ok.

Ha Ha, yes I'm full of BS and might of had a drink or two..........ok ok......3 or 10??? Anyway, I know they are not TSS, but they were really cheap for Nitros and should last me a lifetime......box of 25 for $125!

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
BrowningGuy88

Re: Nitro Ammo

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

CamoMan4025 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 5:50 pm Well, I've been shooting the Winchester Long Beards XR for a couple years now. Had an itch to go back to Nitro since I shot them years ago way before TSS. I haven't shot any TSS thru my 870 12 or 20 gauge. I'm sorry, but it's a little too expensive for a state employee. Anyway, a local guy here use to be a dealer for Nitros. I hit him up today and he had one box left of exactly what I use to shoot. I think it is H51013??? Anyway, it's heavyshot 4x5x7 3.5"! I purposefully bought a lead sled years ago due to these shells. Well, I went to the bench with the sled just a little bit ago and I think I got like 7,000 hits in a 6" circle at 300 yards with them so I should be good! Don't worry about my gun on the sled kicking me back into the next county, it will be ok.

Ha Ha, yes I'm full of BS and might of had a drink or two..........ok ok......3 or 10??? Anyway, I know they are not TSS, but they were really cheap for Nitros and should last me a lifetime......box of 25 for $125!

Kevin
I’ve killed a few with Nitros 2x5x7’s and I’ve also killed Bobcats and Coyotes with them. The only reason I quit shooting them is they would stick in my chamber after firing the last 5 or 6 I shot.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

C-man, not the apple whiskey again. Always cut the white wire first !
That's like 14.96 a shell ! :slap:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Camoman .. you'll do jist' fine :thumbup: :violent3:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Good find!

Don’t miss and you got a pile of feathers for that price
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Yea the price is why I bought them. There's some guy on here trying to peddle some type of ammo, trottin' turd, Turkey run or something. I haven't been able to pinpoint him, but I'm getting closer!
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

OMG a half drunk bomb tech with a firearm. Probably color blind too. Actually my best gobbler to date was taken with Nitro Rays back in 2011. Got the itch to start hand loading for the 20 ga. after one too many eye surgeries.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

redarrow wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:40 am OMG a half drunk bomb tech with a firearm. Probably color blind too. Actually my best gobbler to date was taken with Nitro Rays back in 2011. Got the itch to start hand loading for the 20 ga. after one too many eye surgeries.
HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS! :LMAO: :turkeywave:
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

A friend of mine has a box(25) of nitros, pure junk, almost all the crimps are bulging and the buffer leaked out of all of them, even the ones the crimps are good on.

Return to “Big Bore”