H&R Single Shot 10 Ga

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: H&R Single Shot 10 Ga

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Ive shot one and recoil is not much different than putting a 3.5 inch in Sals H&R MO greenleaf 24 inch 12 gauge.. The 10 is so heavy compared to the 12 it eats some recoil..
treeguy338

Post by treeguy338 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:Ive shot one and recoil is not much different than putting a 3.5 inch in Sals H&R MO greenleaf 24 inch 12 gauge.. The 10 is so heavy compared to the 12 it eats some recoil..

That was my take on it, its pretty close to a 12 gauge 31/2 with a 2 oz load
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:Ive shot one and recoil is not much different than putting a 3.5 inch in Sals H&R MO greenleaf 24 inch 12 gauge.. The 10 is so heavy compared to the 12 it eats some recoil..
She hunts with that thing?? :shock:
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
870 Shooter

Post by 870 Shooter »

guesswho wrote:Image
I have that same sling on my 10. That wide strap makes it easier to carry. It's a NEF single shot. I don't know that there's a difference between it and a H&R.

Guesswho, What stock is that? I'd like to have one for mine!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Waddle Whacker wrote:
She hunts with that thing?? :shock:
She did up until about 2 years ago.. She shot 3 inch in it and pinched down to 643 it was no joke.. You could always tell when she killed a bird because her cheek would be swollen for a couple a days.. On the trip when she was whacking um she looked like she stepped in the ring for a few rounds with Mayweather.

We had the stock cut down on it a little to accommodate Sal.. One morning my dad got scoped by his 500.. He wanted to keep shooting it.. Seeings he got scoped to the skull.. I told him no way.. He took Sals little H&R, called him up a bird.. He mounted the gun wrong and mounted it on his bicep slapped the trigger, killed the bird.. His bicep was black, blue and yellow for weeks. :lol:
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

The triggers on them are crappy.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

870 Shooter wrote:Guesswho, What stock is that? I'd like to have one for mine!
It was for a 835. I modified it slightly and it fit fine. I think it come from Combat stocks. And it increases the mule kick by about 25%
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

I shot a h&r 10 ga. when I was 12 yrs old and still have flash backs about it.
El Sicario
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: She did up until about 2 years ago.. She shot 3 inch in it and pinched down to 643 it was no joke.. You could always tell when she killed a bird because her cheek would be swollen for a couple a days.. On the trip when she was whacking um she looked like she stepped in the ring for a few rounds with Mayweather.

We had the stock cut down on it a little to accommodate Sal.. One morning my dad got scoped by his 500.. He wanted to keep shooting it.. Seeings he got scoped to the skull.. I told him no way.. He took Sals little H&R, called him up a bird.. He mounted the gun wrong and mounted it on his bicep slapped the trigger, killed the bird.. His bicep was black, blue and yellow for weeks. :lol:
I believe it. They ain't no joke! She must be a tough one.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Waddle Whacker wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote: She did up until about 2 years ago.. She shot 3 inch in it and pinched down to 643 it was no joke.. You could always tell when she killed a bird because her cheek would be swollen for a couple a days.. On the trip when she was whacking um she looked like she stepped in the ring for a few rounds with Mayweather.

I believe it. They ain't no joke! She must be a tough one.
She may look pretty, petite and proper but she could not be further from that.. Some think I am the girl in the relationship :dontknow:
mspaci

Post by mspaci »

Gar Commander wrote:The triggers on them are crappy.
Mine is a very nice trigger, breaks cleanly & easily, I sent it to them with another issue when new & they adjusted it down to about 3-4 lbs. Mike

Return to “Big Bore”