Bought the wrong ammo

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
91MSUDAWG

Bought the wrong ammo

Post by 91MSUDAWG »

The last couple of years I have been shooting Win LB 3" #4's in 1 7/8 oz loads. I was in a hurry yesterday and accidentally bought 2 oz mag loads. Of course the store won't take back ammo after purchase. How much difference will there be between the 2 loads? The magnum loads shoot about 100 fps slower. Is that an issue? The 1 7/8 oz loads shoot really well out of my current set up. Thanks for any info.
alpha burnt

Re: Bought the wrong ammo

Post by alpha burnt »

With ammo, there is no absolutes. go shoot it. if it is regular style ammo without the resin holding the shot together like in a longbeard load, there will be a huge difference, I would guess.
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

alpha burnt wrote:With ammo, there is no absolutes. go shoot it. if it is regular style ammo without the resin holding the shot together like in a longbeard load, there will be a huge difference, I would guess.
Agreed
Hooksnhorns

Post by Hooksnhorns »

I've seen pics of some guns shooting the mags very well. Just gotta try em and see.
91MSUDAWG

Post by 91MSUDAWG »

I will shoot them the next time I hit the woods. Just gives me another excuse to head to the camp :D
SKFOOTER

Post by SKFOOTER »

91MSUDAWG wrote:I will shoot them the next time I hit the woods. Just gives me another excuse to head to the camp :D
I'll say you have more pellets on target as the lower velocity loads normally pattern better.

Return to “Big Bore”