turkey loads and choke.

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
gobbler83

turkey loads and choke.

Post by gobbler83 »

Went today and picked up some diffrent turkey loads to try with the indian creek choke out of my 835. Got some fiocchi golden turkey nickel plated #6, winchester long beard xr #6, federal magnum turkey #4, gonna pattern it against the hevi shot mag blend 4 5 7. Shooting out of a mossberg 835 with 24 inch barrel with a indian creek black diamond strike .690 choke tube. Figure im gonna need a bottle of aspirin after this. Lol
BrowningGuy88

turkey loads and choke.

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Apologies to your shoulder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: turkey loads and choke.

Post by OLE RASPY »

Got a feeling long beard xr is gonna win, with that constriction. It does in my 935. I don't have a indian creek but I have a jelly head with that constriction and I have shot every shell u mentioned.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

Do your shoulder a small favor and don't even shoot those 4's.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

Probably need to load up on the aspirin beforehand, better to proactive than reactive. Good luck and post the results.
gobbler83

Post by gobbler83 »

As soon as the weather clears up imbgonna give them a try.
JTown21

Post by JTown21 »

I'd bet on the LB 6s all day...against any factory lead load in the 12. They shoot well with a variety of chokes. That's what I shot and killed with before talking to GN and hopping on TSS. If I'm fortunate to fill my first two tags this season with TSS, I will hunt with my Stoeger 2000 and LB 6s during the third.
Waddle Whacker wrote:Do your shoulder a small favor and don't even shoot those 4's.
Couldn't agree more!!
gobbler83

Post by gobbler83 »

In wanting to get into reloading for shotguns. We already do for rifles. Just wondering if its worth it.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

gobbler83 wrote:In wanting to get into reloading for shotguns. We already do for rifles. Just wondering if its worth it.
OH,it's worth it trust me!!!
Cane Cutter

Post by Cane Cutter »

I packed my 835 stock with 1/2# sand and put a vibracheck slip on recoil pad...amazing the difference.
The Mossberg Mauler

Post by The Mossberg Mauler »

The LB's are going to look good on paper. They are a little to tight for my liking at closer ranges. Good luck with whatever you decide on. As far as reloading shotgun being worth it. If your shotgun Usuage is limited to turkey hunting then I'd say probably not. Now if you like to fiddle with different loads and see how many holes you can get in a certain size area, then post pattern pictures, it's probably worth it.
No Need To Count Holes In Paper. My Mossberg And Lead Kill'em Dead!!!!

I've wined and dined with Kings and Queens, and I've slept in the alley eating pork and beans.

Fox Trot Pro Staff Wannabe
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

devastator wrote:
gobbler83 wrote:In wanting to get into reloading for shotguns. We already do for rifles. Just wondering if its worth it.
OH,it's worth it trust me!!!
Definitely :thumbup:
gobbler83

Post by gobbler83 »

I do alot of skeet shooting. I use a 16 and another 12 for that. We burn through 2 3/4's lol. But ive never even killed a turkey so i dont honestly see the point of reloading 3.5's lol. The tss looks like some good stuff. If i were to reload. Where could i find the supllies to reload tss?

Return to “Big Bore”