Who is in shape..

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by Hoobilly »

HunterGKS wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 8:02 am . Maybe if I started doing table push-aways??
I have found out that a donut a day doesn't keep the doc away :LMAO:

when it comes to delicious food I can't keep my mouth shut
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well probably a year ago, I did the Nutri-System. I know you're going to laugh, but it worked. It's all about portion control and believe it or not you eat like every two hours. It's just time consuming preparing everything every day. Most of the meals are prepackaged and you just microwave them, but the snacks throughout the day consist of fruits and veggies or hard-boiled eggs, etc. I seems a little pricey, but I got gift cards for it at Costco and got a months for like $190 compared to $325 for full price.

Oh well, it an option if you really want to lose weight. I lost like 17 lbs in a month. The bad thing is I woke up one day and BAMM..........I found it back!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Ozark Ridge Runner

Post by Ozark Ridge Runner »

hoobilly wrote: September 1st, 2017, 10:10 pm
Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: September 1st, 2017, 3:17 pm 37 years ago I was guiding bighorn sheep and elk hunters in what is now the Bridger Teton Wilderness area near Jackson Wyoming. I always was amazed how difficult it was for the hunters to get around in that country at 8,000 to 10,000 feet elevation. Now I KNOW why it so difficult. It would kill me today to do what I did every day for 75 days straight back then. It sucks.
I bet you have some cool stories about those hunts!
Oh boy, do I ever. I saw some incredible action. Fat guys falling off their horses. Saddle sores on tough guys back sides as big as peaches. Lost rifles, missed elk, missed bighorn sheep (that one made me quit) and God knows what else. I had some really good things as well. I won't contaminate this thread with any more of my BS.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 9:44 pm I won't contaminate this thread with any more of my BS.
Start a new thread in Gobbler Talf with details & pics. We like lots & lots of pics.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 9:44 pm
hoobilly wrote: September 1st, 2017, 10:10 pm
Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: September 1st, 2017, 3:17 pm 37 years ago I was guiding bighorn sheep and elk hunters in what is now the Bridger Teton Wilderness area near Jackson Wyoming. I always was amazed how difficult it was for the hunters to get around in that country at 8,000 to 10,000 feet elevation. Now I KNOW why it so difficult. It would kill me today to do what I did every day for 75 days straight back then. It sucks.
I bet you have some cool stories about those hunts!
Oh boy, do I ever. I saw some incredible action. Fat guys falling off their horses. Saddle sores on tough guys back sides as big as peaches. Lost rifles, missed elk, missed bighorn sheep (that one made me quit) and God knows what else. I had some really good things as well. I won't contaminate this thread with any more of my BS.
like George says.. be sure to start a thread and share them stories!

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

David1988 wrote: September 4th, 2017, 8:25 pm I workout with weights 3 days a week and ride a bike 3 days a week for 10 miles each workout. It's not easy but when I went to the VA last week for my yearly the doctor said all was good she said bad collesterol is low and the good cholesterol is high. No sign of diabetes or heart trouble. Probably die of a water moccasin bite and have been wasting all my time exercising lol.
:LMAO:

I hope we all live a lonnnng life

CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well I had my annual bomb tech physical on Thursday. So far everything is good. Had to do a stress test on the treadmill. She said......I can't find a heartbeat..............I told her....well, I've been told I don't have a heart :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
The part I like is the hearing test. They put you in a booth then everyone stands outside laughing and talking and you can't hear a thing :o :o :o
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

CamoMan4025 wrote: September 16th, 2017, 7:57 am Well I had my annual bomb tech physical on Thursday. So far everything is good. Had to do a stress test on the treadmill. She said......I can't find a heartbeat..............I told her....well, I've been told I don't have a heart :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
The part I like is the hearing test. They put you in a booth then everyone stands outside laughing and talking and you can't hear a thing :o :o :o
:shock:

they would do that to you? laugh and talk outside the booth

them jerks :LMAO:

willie

Post by willie »

i work out every morning.drive to mcdonalds and reach way out the window to get my two sausage biscuits and 5 packs of jelly and a large soft drink.those sausage biscuits are heavy and that large drink is way to heavy but the good news is the jelly pkg.is light but i have a hard time opening the jelly pkg as it takes a lot of finger strength.i think after all this work i need to treat myself to dunken donuts as i think my sugar might be getting low (cholesterol is ok) I THINK!
jryser

Post by jryser »

Arghhhhhhh!!! Was diagnosed with severe Crohn’s disease at the age of 53 years old 4 months ago. Still not in remission despite all those TV commercials. 🤪
Had my first opening day and thankfully got lucky but man was I huffin and puffin carrying that bird, cameras, and a blind out. I’ll get back in shape at some point but I thought at one point I was going to collapse on a farm that is usually a moderate challenge at best!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jryser wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 3:51 am Arghhhhhhh!!! Was diagnosed with severe Crohn’s disease at the age of 53 years old 4 months ago. Still not in remission despite all those TV commercials. 🤪
Had my first opening day and thankfully got lucky but man was I huffin and puffin carrying that bird, cameras, and a blind out. I’ll get back in shape at some point but I thought at one point I was going to collapse on a farm that is usually a moderate challenge at best!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nephew and niece has crohns.. he is 20 and she is 15
they both love turkey hunting but he hasn't in a few years. She is a trooper and would go until she absolutely has to be about carried back to the truck

ericafrancis1

Post by ericafrancis1 »

I am not.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I’m a lean, mean, well oiled, Foxtrot Ammo shooting machine. At least that’s my version.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: December 26th, 2020, 2:49 pm I’m a lean, mean, well oiled, Foxtrot Ammo shooting machine. At least that’s my version.
I’m so mean I won’t carry a pocket knife anymore

Afraid I’ll cut my own throat

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I ain’t quite that mean.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

I've dropped 11 pounds in the past couple of weeks. This COVID diet is easy to stick to, you can't breathe, you don't want to eat.
I'm over two weeks in on it and it's the sickest I've ever been, AND the longest. I'm concerned I'll be able to motivate around FL come March. But job one is to just get over this beast.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Tail Feathers wrote: December 28th, 2020, 10:45 pm I've dropped 11 pounds in the past couple of weeks. This COVID diet is easy to stick to, you can't breathe, you don't want to eat.
I'm over two weeks in on it and it's the sickest I've ever been, AND the longest. I'm concerned I'll be able to motivate around FL come March. But job one is to just get over this beast.
Hope you get better soon. It affects folks so many different ways. It has been an easy transition for me to go from social misfit to social distancing.

As for staying in shape, good thing my skin expands and contracts to whatever shape my body takes.
I'm bird hunting with my two Britts several times a week, temps permitting. I won't take them past 55 degrees which usually gives me 4-5 hours of walking on uneven terrain, carrying gear and gun per trip. Better than nothing. One thing I've noticed is the difference between light and heavy boots. My LeChameau Chasseurs are 3 lbs. 1 oz. per boot. My Russells are 2 lbs. per boot. Amazing the difference my legs feel after wearing lighter boots. I read somewhere that each pound on one's foot is equivalent to 5 lbs. carried on the back. I believe it. Gil
youngoutdoors

Post by youngoutdoors »

What kind of shape are we talking about anyway? Round is a shape aint it? Thats what I always feel like after Christmas.

God Bless, Louis
Limb Hanger

Post by Limb Hanger »

willie wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 3:32 am i work out every morning.drive to mcdonalds and reach way out the window to get my two sausage biscuits and 5 packs of jelly and a large soft drink.those sausage biscuits are heavy and that large drink is way to heavy but the good news is the jelly pkg.is light but i have a hard time opening the jelly pkg as it takes a lot of finger strength.i think after all this work i need to treat myself to dunken donuts as i think my sugar might be getting low (cholesterol is ok) I THINK!
I do a modified version of this work out, instead of two sausage biscuits I get one sausage, egg and cheese biscuit w/hashbrowns and a diet coke. We probably had the same gym teacher in high school.

Return to “Health & Fitness”