WTB Trumpets by KP

General, buy, sell, trade, & want to buy items.
wchadw

WTB Trumpets by KP

Post by wchadw » August 6th, 2018, 3:06 pm

If you have a trumpet by KP (Kenny Pedelahore) that you would trade of sell, let me know.
Last edited by wchadw on August 6th, 2018, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: WTB Trumpets by MKW and KP

Post by MKW » August 6th, 2018, 4:26 pm

I think Kenny is still building them. I will get back to it...one day.
Ultimate Predator

Killing turkeys with a strutter decoy...so easy a monkey could do it.

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Kenny's a good guy. Mkw not so sure about, got one of his for next to nothing. Put it in the glove compartment for a year, look at it before season, lip stop was deteriorated.

Having bought the extended warranty, call him up before season, get with his customer service department, "yeah sure get it right out. Seemed legit

Here comes turkey season, no lip stop. I'm panicking, I have hunters in like two days, I'm calling the mkw office and can't get through.

So I know I had to improvise, I ended up using mini marshmallows as a lipstop. It was embarrassing, clients going "is that a marshmallow?" Worked fine in cool weather.
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW » August 6th, 2018, 6:08 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Kenny's a good guy. Mkw not so sure about, got one of his for next to nothing. Put it in the glove compartment for a year, look at it before season, lip stop was deteriorated.

Having bought the extended warranty, call him up before season, get with his customer service department, "yeah sure get it right out. Seemed legit

Here comes turkey season, no lip stop. I'm panicking, I have hunters in like two days, I'm calling the mkw office and can't get through.

So I know I had to improvise, I ended up using mini marshmallows as a lipstop. It was embarrassing, clients going "is that a marshmallow?" Worked fine in cool weather.

LOL...
Ultimate Predator

davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 » August 7th, 2018, 6:19 am

Kenny is only building 25-30 a year. His list has blown up this past year and i know some where told 2 yrs. He has a full time job and has no desire to make mantle pieces for collectors.

Mike can speak for himself, but I think he got fed up with the long list with lots of people that wanted to collect rather than hunt his calls.

I have a cocobolo from both and they are both hunted hard.

wchadw

Post by wchadw » August 7th, 2018, 8:57 am

davisd9 wrote:Kenny is only building 25-30 a year. His list has blown up this past year and i know some where told 2 yrs. He has a full time job and has no desire to make mantle pieces for collectors.

Mike can speak for himself, but I think he got fed up with the long list with lots of people that wanted to collect rather than hunt his calls.

I’m not a collector. I hunt my stuff. If I don’t like a call. I sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchadw

Post by wchadw » August 7th, 2018, 9:14 am

MKW wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 4:26 pm
let me know if you do. thanks

wchadw

Post by wchadw » August 7th, 2018, 9:20 am

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm

try a wine cork next time. if you need help i can empty the bottle for you. if you want to sell this call let me know.

hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hoobilly » August 7th, 2018, 9:42 am

MKW wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 4:26 pm
No joking around.. I told a feller I wouldn’t sell mine for $1,500 and he messaged back.. send pictures

I think you can start making them again.

hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hoobilly » August 7th, 2018, 9:45 am

davisd9 wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 6:19 am

Mike worked so hard making mine nice and shiny I’m almost scared to post pictures of how dull and scratched up it is. Sloppy Snoods probably looks perfect. But I hunt mine and it has been the demise of several gobblers. Rather hunt them than collect

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 7th, 2018, 10:21 am

Mike and I talk a good bit he's one of my best friends I've met on the boards. If I need a trumpet, I snap my fingers and Mike runs to the lathe lol I told him a while back, go back to building ugly delrin ones. They run the same I lost mine however and could be a hunting call.

Then do 15 or so fancy ones out of fancy woods and charge for them . Heck he could do 15 zebrawood this year, 15 bocote next year, number them

I've never run KP but I know he can run the hell outta one so they gotta be good. I think alot of callmakers get to the point where at one point it was fun, then novelty wears off and it's a chore. They go to building limited calls at higher prices, why work twice as hard for the same return.

hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hoobilly » August 7th, 2018, 11:21 am

Mike could sell them for $200-250 now
Markets there. Trumpets are finally getting recognized due to fakebook and many are wanting them for hunting. Not just collecting

MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW » August 7th, 2018, 11:32 am

They will be $250 when/if I sell any more.
It just got really, really old when there was not a single day when folks weren't hounding me about a trumpet.
If I do it again, I will make 12 a year. All from the same type of wood. I will make all 12 before any are for sale. Then, I will put them out there on a first come, first served basis. When they are gone, they are gone for that year. That's how it will go.
Ultimate Predator

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho » August 7th, 2018, 3:55 pm

hoobilly wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 9:45 am
I’m almost scared to post pictures of how dull and scratched up it is. Sloppy Snoods probably looks perfect. But I hunt mine and it has been the demise of several gobblers. Rather hunt them than collect
Mine didn't get scratched to bad, but it is prone to get bloody. This picture is from the first year I hunted with it. I was learning how to use it, I've gotten a little better with it since then.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS » August 7th, 2018, 4:15 pm

guesswho wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 3:55 pm
hoobilly wrote:
I’m almost scared to post pictures of how dull and scratched up it is. Sloppy Snoods probably looks perfect. But I hunt mine and it has been the demise of several gobblers. Rather hunt them than collect
Mine didn't get scratched to bad, but it is prone to get bloody. This picture is from the first year I hunted with it. I was learning how to use it, I've gotten a little better with it since then.
If you are going to be a disciple of the other world (universe?) destructive powers of TSS, shoot the heads not the bodies or you'll have nothing left but the heads if you continue to body shoot them. Gil

trkykilr

Post by trkykilr » August 7th, 2018, 5:00 pm

MKW wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 11:32 am
It just got really, really old when there was not a single day when folks weren't hounding me about a trumpet.
If I do it again, I will make 12 a year. All from the same type of wood. I will make all 12 before any are for sale. Then, I will put them out there on a first come, first served basis. When they are gone, they are gone for that year. That's how it will go.
You can make me one to commemorate our first turkey kill together, if that ever happens. I'd say out of the wood from that old bar near Petville

wchadw

Post by wchadw » August 7th, 2018, 5:09 pm

guesswho wrote:
hoobilly wrote:
That’s kinda creepy. You keep all those heads in your fridge?

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho » August 7th, 2018, 5:28 pm

I used to keep them for a taxidermist in Macon. He sent them and had them freeze dried I think, and then used them on mounts.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff

hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hoobilly » August 7th, 2018, 7:30 pm

MKW wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 11:32 am
All I ask is that you sell the first 12 to fellers who still own one that they bought from you originally. I have 2 other types of trumpets other than yours. Your can easily be run single handed the others takes a little more practice to run single handed

Love the flared bell

hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hoobilly » August 7th, 2018, 7:31 pm

guesswho wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 3:55 pm
hoobilly wrote:
good golly

MKW pro staffer right there :D

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 7th, 2018, 10:16 pm

hoobilly wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 7:30 pm

All I ask is that you sell the first 12 to fellers who still own one that they bought from you originally. I have 2 other types of trumpets other than yours. Your can easily be run single handed the others takes a little more practice to run single handed

Love the flared bell
No matter what I tree Yelp on, nothing beats his trumpet one handed.

My problem is hot birds, I suck harder than Kardashian

hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hoobilly » August 7th, 2018, 10:29 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 10:16 pm
hoobilly wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Love the flared bell
No matter what I tree Yelp on, nothing beats his trumpet one handed.

My problem is hot birds, I suck harder than Kardashian
I can halfway kee kee

wchadw

Post by wchadw » August 11th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Still looking for KP trumpets

Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker » August 11th, 2018, 4:54 pm

wchadw wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Send him a message on here(KPcalls), get on his list.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

wchadw

Re: WTB Trumpets by KP

Post by wchadw » August 11th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Waddle Whacker wrote:
wchadw wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Send him a message on here(KPcalls), get on his list.
On it. It’s long

Return to “Gobbler Nation Classifieds”